I have started working / improve my skill ‘s on PowerCli scripting… and wanted to share the notes that I have captured during my learning process.
I hope it helps and Welcome to the PowerCli ERA!
Instruction on how to install PowerCli is available in this link. Lets start the journey!!!
- Why learn PowerCli?
“If you repeat it, script it”.
A good system administrator is lazy!
2. What is PowerCli?
- Free VMware product formerly known as the VI Toolkit for windows.
- Scripting toolkit for vSphere and vCenter.
- An interactive shell
- A scripting engine
- Remote access to your vSphere environment.
- PowerCli is made for Admins not for developers.
3. Enable PowerShell Script Execution
Note: As a security precaution remote PowerShell scripts cannot be executed unless you enable it. This is required before VMware commands can be executed.
Open up the Windows PowerShell command prompt and type