I wasn’t aware of the 3.6 release and I had updated my RVTools from 3.4 to 3.5. It was just been few days and realizes that 3.6 version has been released. Great work by the Author and full credit for developing such a simple tools which fetches all complex details about our virtualization estate. It’s a must have tool for all VI Admins.
Some high lights of RVTools – Interact with all versions of Virtual Center and ESX Server RVTools is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nic’s, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores, Multipath info and health checks.
Version 3.6 (February, 2014) – New features added in version 3.6
- New tabpage with cluster information
- New tabpage with multipath information
- On vInfo tabpage new fields HA Isolation response and HA restart priority
- On vInfo tabpage new fields Cluster affinity rule information
- On vInfo tabpage new fields connection state and suspend time
- On vInfo tabpage new field The vSphere HA protection state for a virtual machine (DAS Protection)
- On vInfo tabpage new field quest state.
- On vCPU tabpage new fields Hot Add and Hot Remove information
- On vCPU tabpage cpu/socket/cores information adapted
- On vHost tabpage new fields VMotion support and storage VMotion support
- On vMemory tabpage new field Hot Add
- On vNetwork tabpage new field VM folder.
- On vSC_VMK tabpage new field MTU
- RVToolsSendMail: you can now also set the mail subject
- Fixed a datastore bug for ESX version 3.5
- Fixed a vmFolder bug when started from the commandline
- Improved documentation for the commandline options