Microsoft have made available a handful of free-to-download ebooks which provide an introduction and information on some of their enterprise and development products, such as Windows Server, Azure, .NET, etc. Some of these eBooks don’t contain the same level of technical detail that you’d usually find in your average IT manual (although some of these eBooks, such as the development related topics do) they do provide a enough detail for someone wanting an understanding of the features and functionality found within that particular software product and the associated technology set.
Click here to visit the Microsoft Press site which contains a list and download links to these eBooks.
VMware vSphere is the industry’s most widely deployed virtualization solution. However, if you improperly deploy vSphere, performance problems occur. This book is authored by Matt Liebowitz, Christopher Kusek and Rynardt Spies. I am glad to highlight that had worked with Rynardt Spies, he was a consultant and was part of an assignment for our company for a short duration. 🙂
Aimed at VMware administrators and engineers and written by a team of VMware experts, this resource provides guidance on common CPU, memory, storage, and network-related problems. Plus, step-by-step instructions walk you through techniques for solving problems and shed light on possible causes behind the problems.
- Divulges troubleshooting methodologies, performance monitoring tools, and techniques and tools for isolating performance problems
- Details the necessary steps for handling CPU, memory, storage, and network-related problems
- Offers understanding on the interactions between VMware vSphere and CPU, memory, storage, and network
I am really excited that my blog post published for the first time in an online training site. This is my first occasion were I had written an article other than my blog. I want to take this opportunity to thank Intenseschool.com for approaching and providing me this prospect.
I have attached the link to the article below and request you to take few minutes to read and comment.
With the release of VMware vSphere 5.5, VMware brings a number of enhancements to the networking capabilities in the vSphere platform. These enhancements enable users to manage their virtual networking infrastructure with greater efficiency and confidence. The following are the enhancements made in the vSphere 5.5 release:
- Morehashing algorithms forlink aggregation
- Morelinkaggregation groups
- Traffic-filtering support
- Differentiated ServiceCodePoint(DSCP) markingsupport
- Improved host-level packet-capture tool
- Improved single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) support
- 40GBnetwork adapter support
Download: What’s New in VMware vSphere 5.5 Networking
This training course focuses on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware Virtual SAN 5.5. This course looks at how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. The course is based on VMware ESXi 5.5 and VMware vCenter Server 5.5.
Module 1: Introduction to Virtual SAN
- Software-Defined Storage
- The Benefits of Virtual SAN
- Advantages of Virtual SAN over Traditional Storage and VSA.
Module 2: Software-Defined Data Center
- Use Cases
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Test and development
- Disaster recovery
- Management cluster storage
- Remote office/branch office
- POC Pre-Qualification Checklist
Module 3: Virtual SAN Architecture
- Virtual SAN Architecture
- Virtual SAN Objects and Components
- Virtual SAN prerequisites
- Virtual SAN cluster sizing requirements
Module 4: Configuring Virtual SAN (Optional)
- Enable Virtual SAN on a cluster
- Create disk group
- Storage policies
- Expand Virtual SAN cluster
VMware has released a new exam to qualify for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) Certification. This new exam (exam code VDCA550) is based on vSphere v5.5, where the existing exam (exam code VDCA510) is based on vSphere v5.0/5.1. Passing either of these exams will earn VCAP5-DCA certification if you meet the other pre-requisites.
Download the Exam Blueprint
Recommended Course: VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.5]
Listen and learn how to increase your skill and competency using the VMware vSphere Command-Line Interface (vCLI) to analyze problems. The webinar discusses best practices using products VMware ESXi 5.5, VMware vCenter Server 5.5, and vCloud Director. You’ll gain knowledge on specific troubleshooting issue techniques for:
- SSL certificates
- VMware vCenter™ Single Sign-On
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware ESXi host
- VMware vSphere Cluster
- VMware vSphere vMotion
- Virtual Machine
Register for Troubleshooting VMware vSphere [V5.5]