Download your free copy of Introduction to Windows Containers from Microsoft. With the introduction of container support in Windows Server 2016, a world of opportunities that takes traditional monolithic applications on a journey to modernize them for better agility. Containers are a stepping stone that can help IT organizations understand what key items in modern IT environments, such as DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment, to name just a few, can do and how these organizations can adopt all of these elements and more to their enterprises.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
John McCabe works for Microsoft as a senior premier field engineer. In this role, he has worked with the largest customers around the world, supporting and implementing cutting-edge solutions on Microsoft Technologies. In this role, he is responsible for developing core services for the Enterprise Services Teams. John has been a contributing author to several books, including Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 from Sybex, Mastering Lync 2013 from Sybex, and Introducing Microsoft System Center 2012 from Microsoft Press.
John has spoken at many conferences around Europe, including TechEd and TechReady. Prior to joining Microsoft, John was an MVP in Unified Communications with 15 years of consulting experience across many different technologies such as networking, security, and architecture.
Michael Friis is a product manager at Docker where he works on Docker for Amazon Web Services and Azure. He also focuses on integrating Docker with Microsoft technology. Previously he was at Heroku, and, before that, AppHarbor, a .NET platform as a service.
AWS Innovate, an online conference designed for executives and IT professionals looking to leverage the AWS Cloud to build and transform their business. Whether you are new or an experienced user, AWS Innovate is designed to provide you with a platform to learn how you can use Cloud Computing to maximize innovation with access to scalable and flexible infrastructure, understand the differences between different types of Cloud Computing models and hot topics like Database, Big Data and Analytics, Internet of Things (IOT) and Artificial Intelligence.
Join us for the keynote by Glenn Gore, Chief Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services as he shares how Internet of things (IoT), Micro-Services, Severless Architectures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is changing the way we interact with technology on a day to day basis. Following the keynote, attend the deep dive technical sessions delivered by AWS Experts. If you have technical questions or are interested in getting more information on our training, professional services, startup and partner program visit the Solutions Expo.
- Understand the use of 3 New AI tools – Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly and Amazon Rekognition to engage users with voice,image and text.
- Use DevOps for practices, processes and AWS CodeStar for software development and continuous delivery tool chain within minutes.
- How AWS Lambda is used to build serverless microservices architectures.
- Leverage AWS Mobile Hub to build, develop and test compelling cloud-enabled apps.
- Understand how Amazon Kinesis Streams, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, Amazon Kinesis Analytics, Amazon API Gateway and Amazon SNS can ingest, transform, process and visualize streaming data.
- Perform analytics to measure the impact of your business performance vs the cost of operation.