This video-based training provides the details of the new features and product enhancements in NSX V6.4. The course walks you through the benefits of the new features, how to make use of the new functionality, and in some cases, how to troubleshoot these new capabilities.
• Describe the Update Coordinator
• Plan and upgrade an NSX environment with the Upgrade Coordinator
• List the changes made to the NSX dashboard
• Explain how the inclusion of SoftRSS helps layer 2 bridging
• Describe the changes in HA Failover Operations in NSX V6.4
• List the L2VPN enhancements made to an edge managed by NSX
• List the enhancements to IPSec VPN introduced in NSX V6.4
• Describe the use cases for context-aware firewall
• Describe the use cases for enhanced IDFW framework
Eric Ligman, Microsoft’s Director of Sales Excellence, is once again kicking off his annual effort to give away free Microsoft eBooks.
This is a great opportunity to download book’s of your favorite technology at free of cost.
OpenSAP Enterprise MOOCs: Learn anywhere, anytime and on any device at free of cost…
How can you balance your busy work schedule, while learning how SAP innovations could potentially transform your business? With openSAP, of course! Whether you’re an SAP professional, developer, consultant, entrepreneur, professor or student you can keep up to date with the latest innovations from SAP
openSAP is SAP’s innovative learning platform and a thought leader for Enterprise MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses).
openSAP gives you maximum flexibility to learn at your convenience. Compared to traditional e-learning, it provides you with an engaging and effective learning experience through gamification and by connecting you with other learners and SAP experts.
openSAP courses are free of charge (except for optional system access) and are offered in English. See our openSAP course listings for more information.
Visit the learning journeys by SAP to find out about further training related to your openSAP course. Find out about additional training offerings from SAP on sap.com.
This course will provide you with a fundamental understanding of the VMware Horizons portfolio. It discusses some of the key features and benefits of the portfolio whilst exploring the components and architecture of Horizon 7.
Objectives: At the end of this course, you should be able to:
– Diagram the Horizon architecture
– Discuss the key benefits and features and use cases of Horizon 7
– List and explain the Horizon 7 components
– Describe the key Horizon capabilities
– Describe the High End graphics and display protocol options of Horizon7
– Describe the purpose of the Horizon Agent and Horizon Client
– Differentiate Instant clones from Linked clones
– Demonstrate how to log in, navigate and perform administration tasks in the Horizon Administrator interface
Outline: This course consists of 4 Modules.
Module 1: Introduction to Horizon provides an overview of the Horizon 7 Architecture and discusses the key benefits, features and use cases. This module also lists and explains the various Horizon 7 components.
Module 2: Horizon Desktops covers the steps for configuring virtual machines as desktops and how to install and configure the Horizon Client. The module also describes the capabilities of Blast Extreme, and compares Instant Clones to Horizon Composer Clones.
Module 3: Horizon Client Options outlines the process and choices to setup vCenter Server managed desktops. It also covers how to install and configure the Horizon Client, how to configure Horizon on Thin clients and how to setup and configure virtual printing.
Module 4: Working with Horizon Administrator demonstrates how to login and navigate the Horizon Administrator interface and carry out administration tasks in relation to creating an automated pool and how to provision and manage applications with App volumes. It also lists the steps for using and creating application pools.
Take advantage and make the best use of this free e-learning course from VMware on VMware vRealize® Automation.
– Format: Self-Paced
– Length: 3 Hours
This course demonstrates how people use VMware vRealize® Automation™ to accelerate the delivery and ongoing management of business-relevant IT services.
– Discuss the role vRealize Automation plays in delivering an integrated approach to cloud management
– Recognize how to install and configure the architectural components that support automated service delivery across a multi-vendor, hybrid cloud infrastructure
– Describe how vRealize Automation enforces service delivery policies and helps administrators control resource use
– Understand the process service architects use to build a library of re-usable, gold standard service components
– Describe how service architects and IT administrators can extend vRealize Automation to automate services provided by third-party management systems
I want to share this email which I received from Amazon. 🙂
AWS Monthly Webinar Series – May
Join upcoming AWS Webinars to keep up to date with AWS and learn about the latest best practices.
The AWS Webinar Series is a selection of live online presentations that cover a broad range of topics at varying technical levels. These webinars feature technical sessions led by AWS solutions architects and engineers, live demonstrations, customer examples and Q&A with AWS experts.
Join the “AWS Services Overview” webinar to take a fast-paced 45-minute tour through our broad range of services
Learn best practices for running, scaling, and managing MongoDB and how to spin up new clusters in minutes
Learn common use cases and best practices to collect, stream, and process real-time data with AWS
Learn how to build serverless web applications with Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, and API Gateway
Introducing AWS Application Discovery Service, a new service that simplifies your application migration
Explore the possibilities of incorporating ElastiCache in your application architecture to significantly improve performance
Learn how to select the right services for the right cloud data migration projects
Learn how to optimize your cloud computing costs when using AWS
Learn how to get started with the Internet of Things on AWS and how AWS IoT makes it easy to connect to the cloud
Windows on EC2
Free Hands-on Training: Learn about running Windows Server on AWS
Register Now »
Cybrary is a free online information technology (IT) and cyber security training environment. The team is dedicated to keep the world’s IT professionals prepared for this ever-changing industry and its technologies. This price barrier has made it difficult to begin a new career in the field and to grow a current career through training and learning. The results of an overpriced information security training market, is a skills gap that is growing fast. You can learn almost anything in IT and security related for free.
Take a look at what you can learn:
* Systems Administration
* Network Administration
* Cyber Security
Continue reading Free online IT training at Cybrary.IT
VMware® vRealize™ Hyperic® (formally known as VMware® vCenter™ Hyperic®) is a component of the VMware® vRealize™ Operations Management Suite™ (formally known as VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™). It monitors operating systems, applications, and services running in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. VMware vRealize Hyperic offers the unique ability to automatically discover, inventory, and monitor servers, regardless of type or location, and enables application operations teams to ensure that business-critical applications run without fail.
This eLearning course presents an overview and high-level architecture of VMware vRealize Hyperic , describes the installation process, and demonstrates how VMware vRealize Hyperic can be used to effectively monitor and manage resources.
Register for this course
This free eLearning course highlights the new features and enhancements in Horizon View V6 and VMware Mirage V5 products. It also presents use cases that describe how the new features align with customer needs.
At the end of this course, you should be able to explain the key features of Horizon 6 and describe the enhancements to the different product areas — View, Workspace, and Mirage.
1. Course Introduction – Course Overview, Navigation, Course Objectives
2. Horizon 6: An Overview, Introduction to Horizon 6, Key Features of Horizon 6, Horizon 6 Architecture, Horizon 6 Editions
3. Horizon View V6
- Introduction to Horizon View V6
- Cloud Pod Architecture Overview
- Cloud Pod Architecture Diagram
- Cloud Pod Architecture Example
- CPA – Client and Server Configuration
- Hosted Applications with View V6
- Hosted Applications – Benefits
- User Experience on Windows/Mac
- User Experience on Mobile Clients
- Hosted Desktops with View V6
- Virtual SAN
- Virtual SAN Benefits
- Virtual SAN Architecture
- Virtual SAN Configuration
- Virtual SAN Workloads
- Use Case: How Do New Features Align With Customer Needs.
4. Horizon 6 Workspace
- Unified Workspace
- Workspace Features and Benefits
- New Applications in Workspace
- Horizon Hosted Apps
- Citrix XenApps
- Enhancements to ThinApp
- MS Office 365 Integration
- Key Features of Workspace
- Multi-Forest AD for Workspace
- Workspace Launcher
- Web Application Links
- Use Case(s): How Do New Features Align With Customer Needs
5. Mirage V5
- Mirage with Horizon 6 Desktops
- Horizon View V6 and Mirage V5 Integration
- Horizon Mirage CVD Policy
- Windows 8.1 Support
- Migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1
- Manage Windows 8.1 Images
- Mirage Gateway Enhancements
- Horizon Mirage Gateway Architecture
- Use Case(s): How Do New Features Align With Customer Needs
This training course focuses on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware Virtual SAN 5.5. This course looks at how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. The course is based on VMware ESXi 5.5 and VMware vCenter Server 5.5.
Module 1: Introduction to Virtual SAN
- Software-Defined Storage
- The Benefits of Virtual SAN
- Advantages of Virtual SAN over Traditional Storage and VSA.
Module 2: Software-Defined Data Center
- Use Cases
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Test and development
- Disaster recovery
- Management cluster storage
- Remote office/branch office
- POC Pre-Qualification Checklist
Module 3: Virtual SAN Architecture
- Virtual SAN Architecture
- Virtual SAN Objects and Components
- Virtual SAN prerequisites
- Virtual SAN cluster sizing requirements
Module 4: Configuring Virtual SAN (Optional)
- Enable Virtual SAN on a cluster
- Create disk group
- Storage policies
- Expand Virtual SAN cluster