The VMware Ports and Protocols tool describes the ports and protocols requirements for using VMware products.
This tool offers ports and protocol details for the below products.
- NSX Data Center for vSphere
- vRealize Network Insight
- vRealize Operations Manager
- vRealize Automation
- VMware HCX
VMware webcast on 27 July 2017 on vSAN Troubleshooting Tools, Tips and Tricks.
Attend this 60-minute webcast and the topic are listed below.
- VMware vSAN architecture.
- Troubleshooting tools you need based on actual customer use cases.
- Effective troubleshooting techniques used by the VMware Technical Support Team
Staff Technical Support Training Specialist
Francis Daly is a Staff Technical Training Specialist working in VMware’s Technical Support University. Francis trains VMware’s technical staff on all things storage. VMware vSAN has been one of Francis’s passions since it was firstreleased. Francis holds VCP 4, 5, 6 AND VCAP-DCA certifications.
This training course focuses on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware Virtual SAN 5.5. This course looks at how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. The course is based on VMware ESXi 5.5 and VMware vCenter Server 5.5.
Module 1: Introduction to Virtual SAN
- Software-Defined Storage
- The Benefits of Virtual SAN
- Advantages of Virtual SAN over Traditional Storage and VSA.
Module 2: Software-Defined Data Center
- Use Cases
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Test and development
- Disaster recovery
- Management cluster storage
- Remote office/branch office
- POC Pre-Qualification Checklist
Module 3: Virtual SAN Architecture
- Virtual SAN Architecture
- Virtual SAN Objects and Components
- Virtual SAN prerequisites
- Virtual SAN cluster sizing requirements
Module 4: Configuring Virtual SAN (Optional)
- Enable Virtual SAN on a cluster
- Create disk group
- Storage policies
- Expand Virtual SAN cluster